Friday, September 20, 2019

My Enchanted Forest




I picture an old man sitting on that bench, a fire roaring right in fright of him and a small crowd of adults and children alike, all listening intently to his wise tale.

This is a photo I took on one of my walks while visiting the coast of Virginia. The scene set in itself as a gathering bench where folk tales are told. Nature played a huge part in stories told in the past. The backdrop was amazing mother nature as people spend more time outdoors in houses that didn't have heavy doors that separated the occupants. Life was lived inside and out. Household chores were done outside too. That reflects onto the narrative of the folk tales.

So when I walk into a path like this I stop and look around. Wonder who may have threaded through this path, what stories were build or told here. The mystery of it draws me in.