Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Progress of the MAKING part.

As in our Studio for Creative Practice we in in the "Making" process I have been creating with clay.

I have been working on creating creatures.
Creatures without spectacle.
Creatures that are simple. The have a significance in the beholder's eye.

As I sat to work, my daughter and apprentice, joined me on the kitchen counter. I gave her a handful of clay and recreated what I did, in her own way!
My human had a bird on its lap. Hers had a lap covered with butterflies. 




The we set off to working on jointed creatures that we can position after the baking process. It has been a learning process. One we will keep working on.







I also had to work on a grey clay project for sculpting class. 
Simple narrative really... The day transitions from the presence of the sun onto the moon.